Building POLYMAP3 from Source
Eclipse IDE Version 3.5 or Version 3.6
1. Download Eclipse
If you don't have Eclipse installed you can do it by downloading Eclipse Helios for RAP developers from:
2. Install RAP (install RAP target)
2.1 Download and install RAP
This step is needed only if you did not used the download link above to install Eclipse. This package already contains RAP. You can skip this step if you used the download link above to install Eclipse.
- Eclipse/RAP Homepage: http://www.eclipse.org/rap/downloads/
- Eclipse Update Site: http://download.eclipse.org/rt/rap/1.3/tooling
2.2 Install RAP target
- open Cheat Sheets view: Window -> Other -> Cheat Sheets
- select RAP Target Installation from view menu (in the top right corner of the view)
- execute the cheat sheet
3. Install EGit
In order to get the sources from Git repositories you need to add EGit to your Eclipse installation. The above download link to Eclipse 3.6 does not contain it out of the box. Install it via:
- Help -> Install New Software
- choose: Helios - http://download.eclipse.org/releases/helios
- search for: EGit
- select and install
For later Eclipse version use the Eclipse Marketplace to install the EGit feature.
Get the POLYMAP3 Source Code
0. Required libraries for Ant scripts
Required libraries are fetched from Maven repositories via the getjars.build.xml Ant build files. In order to get this working 2 Maven jars from plugins/org.polymap.core.libs/lib-static have to be added to the Ant classpath of Eclipse. This is done in Eclipse:
- Preferences->Ant->Runtime->Global Entries
1. Core Plugins
- Gitorious: http://gitorious.org/polymap3/polymap3-core
- Repository: git://gitorious.org/polymap3/polymap3-core.git
- Import all plugins from /plugins and /extras
2. Qi4j Modelling Framework
- Github: http://github.com/fb71/qi4j-core
- Repository: git://github.com/fb71/qi4j-core.git
- Branch: release_1.0_polymap
- Import: qi4j-core
3. Check required libraries
Required libraries are fetched from Maven repositories via the getjars.build.xml Ant build files.'
The Ant scripts create lib folders within the bundles. You can re-run these build files from within Eclipse manually if the lib folders and/or the jars are missing. Please remove the lib folder beforehand if necessary in order to force the Ant script to actually download anything.
- start "POLYMAP3" launch configuration from Eclipse
- point your browser at http://localhost:10080/polymap
Ask the forum if you encounter any problems.